Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Preparing for complete redesign

One learns so much from the "first time around".  I plan to take what I've learned, go a bit slower, use better materials (like 3/4 inch Baltic Birch plywood) and add the things I was missing - like limit switches and some better resistance to torque.  Here's the new design.  It's all on Google Sketchup in the event anyone wants a copy.  Just add a comment or send me an e-mail WoodWorkerB (at) gmail (dot) com.  Here's how the new design will look.

The new design provides additional strength (due to material selection), higher quality assembly practices, recessed lower bearing races (to hopefully minimize the amount of crap that gets on the bearings).

I am considering incorporating small brushes on the bearings to keep them somewhat clean.

I will "tear apart" the drawing and create my cutting guide.  I plan to start cutting and assembly this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment